5 Things Every American Roots Music Troubadour Needs
This photo was taken by my new friend Sam Powell from last night at the Rivers Edge in Washington State. I'm sitting here tonight in downtown Frederick Maryland laughing at this pic, because it displays with beautiful clarity the 5 essential elements needed for all worthy American Roots musicians:
1. 72 VW Bus (or any 40 year old automobile where children might have been conceived and or parts have the great possibility of falling off while you're driving.)
2. A killer beard! (James Taylor is the exception here, not the rule)
3. Coors Light (nothing darker than a urine sample for your beer. Singer songwriters are not beer snobs, they have no $)
4. A vintage acoustic guitar with a name like "Guthrie" or "Bonnie Lou"
5. And a hand crafted Rastafarian beanie that deserves more hair than I will ever be able to give it.
-So appreciate all the love, support, and prayers you all have thrown at me. Life is short, lets live well and be kind.
P.S. Sorry Mom about the beer reference. :)